- What- Service Dog Mobility Assistance Harness
- Color options- Ranger Green, Black, Grey, Coyote Brown
- Sizes- Extra Large & Large
- Highlights and functions- Start with OneTigris Tactical Molle Harness for Service Dogs & Trainings (SKU: TG-GBX03). Durable Material & Soft Padded: Made with our high quality 1000D nylon and well padded in all pressure areas for a comfortable fit. Easy Adjustable Dog Harness: 4 quick release buckles for easy put on and off while providing extra security; With one top handle for your dog’s lead & control and one V-ring on the front for dog leash attachment. MOLLE System: Each side features two MOLLE straps as well as hoop & loop strips panel to easily attach molle pouches or ID panels. Hook & Loop Panels for Attach Morale Patch: One full length strip of 9"long 2" wide heavy duty loop panel on the top for ID badges; One 3.5"long 2" wide loop panel on the neck strap. Proposed Changes: Add another handle exactly the same as the one by the dog's head to the back of the vest by the dog's tail. Add another V-ring on the rear again exactly like the front for dog leash &/or wheelchair lead attachment. Add stiff back plate for added stability when using formed handle. Ensure dog has enough padding on chest and back. The Key Addition: Formed, stand-up, stiff, grip handle. Handle positioned so easy to grab onto dog for balance when standing/walking &/or propulsion when in wheelchair. This handle needs to be positioned just about center of vest footprint or just behind dog's front legs/shoulders. Samples: I'd like to have one sample made with the "Stand-up" handle running head to tail and one same with the "Stand-up" handle running side to side to determine which works best.
- Specific use & purpose- The addition of the standard handles gives grabbing points which a disabled person can use to have their Service Dog help them up from a sitting position and also from the ground if they were to fall. They also give additional hold points to be able to grab your dog safely in the event of an emergency like needing to get them out of the water quickly. The addition of the the V-ring allows a disabled person the flexibility to attach a lead and leash while walking and in wheelchair. The primary use of this harness will be as a tool for your service dog to further be able to help you with mobility assistance when standing, walking and/or to provide propulsion when in a wheelchair.
- How were you inspired-
- I started to get this inspiration as I went through team training to get my Service Dog, Lennon. You are exposed to a lot of different tools and pieces of equipment that can help to make your life easier and give you more independence. The mobility assistance harnesses basically fall into two categories cheap and outrageously expensive. And neither of these categories provides a quality solution to be used by most individuals needing mobility assistance. The high end are leather and metal, made to fit, so if you are shorter than me it would not work or if your lead is on the other hand it would not necessarily work. The cheap ones are just ripping disabled people off. There is no reason it needs to be this difficult. There is a very large market of disabled individuals and a large majority need some form of mobility assistance whether they suffer from any other disabilities or not. My vision does not have you standing out like a sore thumb when you enter a room because you have this large contraption strapped to your dog like a saddle that sticks straight up in the air. The goal is to be more normal, to be treated more normal, to be seen more normal.
- I've been looking for a mobility assistance vest/harness for some time. The one that I had kind of settled on was not being made anymore. As I was looking I came across the OneTigris Tac Molle Harness and I saw the perfect base or beginning. I'm hoping this is something 1TG is interested in as I do not see it being a super difficult project as we are not designing from scratch. If this works and the Ranger Green is close enough to my organizations green vest I can already tell you there would be a lot of interested individuals especially if the price point was reasonable. Lennon is trained to assist me with my mobility, but it would be very nice to have his skills along with something to grab onto when needed. And trust me, its needed and not just after a night out with Sandspoor!
- Attached Pictures- There are tons of examples out there of mobility assistance dog harnesses, so I just picked some with different stand-up handle positioning and different handle materials. I really feel like the hard part has already been worked out with your 1TG Tac Molle Harness.
I'm really passionate about this and would be willing to do just about anything you (1TG) want to move forward on this! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do, any questions I can help to answer, and/or any additional information I can provide. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. BigT & Lennon
86.1 KB Views: 144
230.2 KB Views: 147
183.4 KB Views: 143
253.5 KB Views: 156
47.6 KB Views: 145
143.5 KB Views: 146
151.8 KB Views: 149
196 KB Views: 134
105.3 KB Views: 151